You may need the MAC address for various functions at some point in your life. So, it will always be helpful to know how to find out mac address in Ubuntu.
1) Using Networks Manager:
- Go to System Settings.
- Select Network.
- Click on the arrow next to your current connection (Wired or Wifi connected to).
- Then mac address will be available under the name Hardware address.
2) Using command line
Using command line, it is rather simple.
- Open Terminal ( Ctrl+Alt+T)
- Copy the following code: ifconfig | grep HWaddr
- And, paste in the terminal ( Ctrl+Shift+V ).
You may probably get two mac address (as I got). Don't worry. They might be the mac addresses for the LAN and WiFi respectively.
2) Using Connection Information:
You can use the connection information for gaining the mac addresses.